KFMC Health Improvement Partners
Topeka (Hybrid work option)
KFMC Health Improvement Partners (KFMC) is a not-for-profit organization focused on improving healthcare quality. We inspire meaningful change and sustained high performance within the organizations and communities where we work. We’re a diverse team of multi-disciplinary professionals all focused on the same vision…best health outcomes for everyone. We believe our team members do their best work when they love what they do, and we have created an environment that fosters creativity, excellence and fun! We prioritize and value the things that are important to us, both as people and as professionals, including flexibility and a family-friendly culture. KFMC is currently seeking an Organization Specialist to support the overall operations of KFMC through three key functions: office support activities (i.e. processing mail, invoices, employee expense reports and reimbursements, tracking time reports, processes timesheets); coordinating and carrying out day-to-day support of Human Resource and Finance activities including, but not limited to employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, compliance, record keeping and data entry; and, with guidance from the CFO, performs routine accounting activities such as data entry, preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports, coding and verifying transactions including billings, invoices and checks, prepares and processes payments for vendor invoices and other financial obligations in accordance with internal accounting policies, reviews purchase orders, statements, and invoices to verify amounts owed. School Diploma/GED is required. Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in an office setting, preferably working in a finance and/or human resources related field. Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management skills, written and oral communication skills, and customer service skills required.
This position supports the overall operations of KFMC as an organization, including processing mail, invoices, employee expense reports, and reimbursements. Tracks time reports and processes timesheets. This position provides phone coverage and assists with HR activities such as employee onboarding, interview coordination, training initiatives, and other special projects. This position is also responsible for coordinating and carrying out day-to-day support activities of the Finance and Human Resources departments including, but not limited to employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, compliance, record keeping and data entry. With guidance from the CFO, performs routine accounting activities such as data entry, preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports. Reviews, codes, and verifies transactions including billings, invoices, checks, and journal entries. Assists in completing moderately complex calculations using spreadsheets and other software tools. Reconciles accounts and bank statements. Prepares and processes payments for vendor invoices and other financial obligations in accordance with internal accounting policies. Reviews purchase orders, statements, and invoices to verify amounts owed. Responds to vendor inquiries and resolves any discrepancies in billings and payments.
Internal/External Customer Service
- Monitor complete compliance activities to assure compliance with state and federal and local regulations.
- Complete compliance activities for KFMC’s 401K plan.
- Administer Workers Compensation program, processing requests and records.
- Notify President & CEO, Human Resources Consultant, and Corporate Compliance Officer, as necessary (i.e. allegations of discrimination or sexual harassment).
- Serves as the Notary for the organization.
- Maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Maintain HR records and compile reports from database.
- Keep employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in a timely fashion.
- Maintain current organization chart on intranet and network.
- Maintain approved organization job descriptions wit the assistance of HR Consultant.
- Prepare paperwork required to place new employee on payroll and establish personnel file.
- Maintain Employee Handbook on intranet by updating policies and adding new policies as instructed by Leadership Group.
- Coordinate exit interviews for terminating employees.
- Process employee termination paperwork and HR data entry.
- Participate in termination, as instructed.
- Maintain spreadsheet for tracking staff annual PMP process.
- Upon receipt of the completed and signed PMP documentation, finalize the annual PMP process for each staff person.
- Provide assistance and support to all organizational levels in the interpretation and application of Human Resources-related policies and procedures.
- Research and response to inquiries/data requests from management, employees and outside contacts.
- Provide guidance and/or Employee Assistance Program referral for staff as appropriate.
- Coordinate health, dental, cancer, flexible spending, vision, life and disability insurance enrollments, and communicate with service providers concerning routine administration of programs.
- Perform benefits administration to include account resolution when needed, change reporting, get approval for payment of all invoices, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Reviews enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinates enrollment with vendors as assigned by supervisor.
- Assures compliance with COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and other paperwork as required.
- Determine Service Contract Act (SCA) of eligibility of new employee based on Department of Labor guidelines.
- Determine Risk Designation, based on risk associated with position.
- Develop and coordinate new employee orientation and overview.
- Provide new employees with an overview of current benefits and process enrollments.
- Develop and coordinate annual anniversary recognition program.
- Develop and coordinate service award program, including gift arrangements for ‘milestone’ anniversaries recognized at the December all staff meeting.
- Coordinate employee surveys as instructed.
- Enter and maintain vendor information in accounting software system.
- Enter and maintain employee information, including benefit and deduction/contribution information in accounting software system.
- Reconcile invoices and enter into accounting software system, including follow-up on discrepancies or balances that have been carried over.
- Timesheet processing, including review of electronic timesheets and import into accounting software system.
- Maintain and distribute/mail vendor and employee payments.
- Maintain physical vendor and employee files.
- Provide Administrative Support to the Retirement Committee:
- Maintain Pension Committee Calendar
- Send out request and schedule appointments with UBS representative
- Coordinate meetings
- Commitment to conducting business and activities in the best interest of KFMC.
- Contribute to the achievement of organizational and work team goals by demonstrating awareness and commitment to the KFMC Mission Statement and Values.
- Develop and distribute agendas/minutes for Board of Trustees and Committee meetings.
- Keep President & CEO and Human Resources Consultant informed of activities within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED is required; college coursework is desired.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in an office setting, preferably working in a finance and/or human resources related field.
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles is preferred.
- Ability to use discretion and to maintain sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Proven organizational and time management skills; outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to proactively solve problems.
- Confident to analyze situations and exercise good judgment.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Exception customer service skills required with the ability to obtain information and provide explanations and complex concepts to individuals with little or no background in the subject under discussion.
- Ability to perform basic analyses involving ratios, percentages and simple statistical methods.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, with the ability to create professional, error-free documents, reports and graphics.
- Word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software experience are required.
- Deltek database experience preferred.
- Ability to prepare and present clear, concise reports.
- Ability to understand and carry out complex directions.
- Ability to function effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to recognize and deal effectively with both the internal and external customers of the organization.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Ability to travel as directed by position requirements.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office or remote work setting.
- Interaction with internal and external customers
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.