Protection Order Liaison
Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Program Director of StepStone
The Protection Order Liaison assists survivors of sexual and domestic violence with protection orders, safety planning and resources. This position is stationed at the County Courthouse. All duties are performed in a manner consistent with Gospel values, the mission of the sponsoring congregations, and sound social service principles.
- Assists people with information on protection orders and completes paperwork when needed.
- Makes referrals to appropriate community resources.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with courthouse staff.
- Acts as liaison between StepStone and the domestic violence and sexual assault program with the courthouse staff.
- Assists in developing a safety plan for each survivor.
- Collects and reports necessary information for statistical tracking.
- Maintains confidentiality in all written and verbal communications.
- Provides victim advocacy as needed.
- Attends designated staff meeting.
- Represents StepStone to the public with formal presentations when necessary.
- Maintains professional contact with community resources and advocates for client’s needs.
- Maintains dress and appearance appropriate for the position and in compliance with StepStone dress code.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the StepStone Program Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in social service field.
- Kansas Driver’s License, motor vehicle, and insurance required.
- LBSW/LMSW preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in social work preferred.
- Experience working with victims of domestic violence preferred.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation amongst team members.
- Ability to handle confidential information with integrity.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of the company.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both in a written and verbal manner.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand, lift, carry, push, pull, balance, stoop, reach, handle, talk, hear, see, grasp, move head and neck and movement across mid-line.
- Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds occasionally and up to ten (10) pounds of force frequently.
- Finger dexterity, manual dexterity, alertness, precision, motor coordination, auditory discrimination and tactile discrimination.
- Ability to climb multiple levels of stairs.
- Ability to frequently operate equipment requiring moderate ability.
- Inside/indoor office environment which provides protection from weather condition, but not necessarily temperature changes.
- Interaction with staff and participants.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.