Dear Neighbor Ministries
Representative Payee Program Coordinator
Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm
Executive Director of Hilltop Aspires
Under general direction of the Executive Director of Dear Neighbor Ministries (DNM), the Representative Payee Coordinator coordinates the Representative Payee program, provides training and supervision of representative payees and volunteers supporting the representative payees, provides information to persons wanting to be served by DNM’s representative payee program and guides them through the application process. Collaborates with Representative Payees. All duties are performed in a manner consistent with Gospel values, the mission of the Congregation of St. Joseph and Dear Neighbor Ministries.
- Serve as the program’s liaison to the Social Security Administration to monitor and maintain clients’ eligibility for disability benefits.
- Develop and implement expertise in the area of Supplemental Security Income and Social Security Disability Income eligibility and other related benefits (Medicaid, Medicare, etc.)
- Coordinate with Representative Payee Program volunteers and clients’ mental health providers to develop information and documentation regarding changes in clients’ situations that may impact eligibility.
- Maintain a rigorous organizational system to track all reporting activities and outstanding issues.
- Provides Support to Representative Payees (RP)
- Maintains professional contact with community resources and advocates for clients’ needs
- Provides support to DNM and StepStone staff and clients related to public assistance benefits including Social Security, SSI and SSDI.
- Provides support to food pantry and recipients including receiving donations, repackaging and labeling food and distribution of food.
- Performs other related assigned duties.
- Projects a professional image towards the Sisters. Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior toward staff, visitors, clients, and supporters.
- Maintains dress and appearance appropriate for the position and in compliance with Dear Neighbor Ministries dress code policies.
- Attends assigned and/or required in-services and staff meetings.
- Master’s degree in social work preferred with appropriate licensure or equivalent experience working with the Social Security Administration, SSI and SSDI.
- LMSW preferred or equivalent experience.
- The aptitude to develop and maintain a deep understanding of the eligibility criteria and policies related to various federal and local public benefit programs
- The ability to work independently and solve problems creatively
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse populations, as well as superior written and oral communications
- Outstanding computer skills, including the capacity to use Microsoft Office and learn other programs to manage a high volume of detailed information and responsibilities
- A commitment to providing services in an atmosphere of dignity and respect
- Knowledge of Social Security Administration benefits and the responsibilities of a Representative Payee.
- Experience working with population with chronic mental illness.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. May be assigned to multilevel building with some floors accessible by stairs only. Minimal requirements of moving about the office. Sit about 60% of the time. Frequently express ideas by spoken words. Frequently operate equipment requiring moderate ability.
- Inside/indoor office environment which provides protection from weather condition, but not necessarily temperature changes.
- Interaction with staff and community.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.