Typically forty (40) hours per week between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday
The senior Financial Analyst reports financial status by preparing and analyzing financial plans, forecasts, and reports. Provides analysis of operational data and efficiencies.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Tracks financial status by monitoring variances from plan
- Determines financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results
- Improves financial status by analyzing results and variances; identifying trends; recommending actions
- Prepares month end financial and operating reports showing prior, current and projected revenues and expenditures to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Increases productivity by developing automated applications and reports, eliminating duplications, coordinating information requirements
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analysis and recommendations
- Facilitate/Lead preparation of Bank budget
- Provides assistance to representatives of assigned departments in the formulation of departmental budgets
- Works closely with the department managers to understand the causes of variances to their budgets
- Provides business lines with meaningful analysis and reporting to assist them in improving performance
- Prepares the monthly rolling projections
- Reviews and analyzes branch accounting reports and cost accounting reports, identifies trends and makes recommendations
- Prepares reports analyzing specific aspects of department structures, functions and operations procedures, and recommends ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Prepares reports analyzing operational data
- Manage Bank cash liquidity position
- Gathers/Compile data for external sources
- Modeling of interest rate risk
- Responsible for the Bank’s Earnings Improvement Plan
- Builds/develops a retail payroll model and monitors that model going forward
- Utilizes various computer financial information systems in the preparation of analysis, evaluation, and reports relating to assigned areas
- Assists in implementation and/or upgrades in financial systems, i.e. profitstar, cost accounting system, and financial reporting systems
- 4 years’ experience in a financial institution and/or in the financial planning and analysis field
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting or related field required
- Relevant job experience may be substituted for degree
- A significant level of trust is required as this position is exposed to sensitive and confidential information which cannot be shared outside of the Department
- Diplomacy, courtesy, and tact is required. Demonstrated ability to foster sound professional relationships with management is necessary
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and analytical skills, including ability to interact effectively with customers, employees and management are essential
- The ability to plan and execute multiple projects and initiatives balancing department and organizational demands and resources is a must
- Strong ability in the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Competencies: Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations
- Apply relevant findings to improve organizational effectiveness
- Ability to write routine reports and business communications
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and management
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, dividends and percentages
- Advanced proficiency in using MS Excel and MS Access for the purpose of creating reports through various Bank systems
- Work must be completed with quality and accuracy
- Organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and promote a positive attitude toward teamwork
- Ability to accept and respond to changes in the work environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required including ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Travel is negligible. It is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be needed.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must pass a drug screen and background checks.
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job and submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst Employment Practices:
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this Job Description at any time. The Job Description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.