Non-Exempt, Full-time [36 hours/week]
Tuesday through Friday from 3:30pm-8:00pm | Saturday and Sunday from 8:30am-5:30pm
Director of Adult Services
The primary function of the Driver position is to perform a variety of routine transportation work in driving and coordinating transportation for persons supported by Capper Foundation.
- Perform a variety of transportation duties for Capper.
- Plans route to ensure most economical use of time and vehicle.
- Ensures conformance with appropriate safety requirements and laws.
- Manages documentation requirements accurately.
- Perform direct support professional duties as needed.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a monthly drug screen.
- Must be able to pass background checks per agency procedures.
- CPR and First Aid.
- Safe Driving.
- Defensive Driving.
- Blood Borne Pathogens.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Able to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Bend, stoop, kneel, crawl and walk frequently.
- Operate lift vehicle and tie-downs in wheel chair vehicle.
- Vision requirements: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Outside weather condition – occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet and/or humid conditions.
- Direct contact with individuals who are severely physically and/or developmentally disabled and who may exhibit unpredictable behavior and uncontrollable outbursts. The physical characteristics of the work environment are such that noise and odor control procedures are required. May work with individuals with Hepatitis B and/or other blood borne pathogens.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.