Industrial Maintenance, Inc.
The Estimator is expected to develop, and present accurate and complete estimates based on preliminary and final evaluations which will provide our customers with high quality solutions. The Estimator will be responsible for preparing estimates within the scope of work while growing new relationships and cultivating existing relationships.
- Develop a full understanding of estimating policies, procedures, and company/industry standards.
- Review customer documentation & specifications for manufacturing and/or installation, interfacing with the customer for pertinent questions or to obtain additional information as needed to complete the quotation.
- Interface with management team to review manufacturing and/or installation concerns, as necessary.
- Identify material by studying proposals, blueprints, and specifications and obtain cost estimates from suppliers, as necessary.
- Determine sub-contract needs and obtain costs, as necessary.
- Determine equipment needs and obtain costs, as necessary.
- Calculate labor hours (using both established standards as well as input from production staff).
- Prepare estimates based on the above information using labor rates, markups, and other financial factors provided by management to ensure customer needs and expectations are clearly communicated and accurately documented.
- Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to support the above estimated figures and be able to communicate information, as necessary.
- Communicate regularly with supply chain to ensure most recent and accurate pricing is available.
- Communicate regularly with operations management to ensure the most recent labor rates are available.
- Publish the formal quotation to the customer and identify any special conditions or exceptions addressing any customer questions regarding the submittal.
- 5 plus years of experience in estimating required, preferably in the manufacturing industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites, especially Excel, and proven ability to quickly learn, utilize, and comprehend other software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in presentation and proposal writing.
- Ability to complete work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Detailed oriented, highly adaptable, and possess the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, email and talk on the phone.
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Ability to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to lift up to ten (10) pounds
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with team members and clients in both remote and on-site locations.
- Occasional in and out-of-state travel with some overnight stays as needed.
- Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.