Development Services Specialist
Exempt; Full Time
Forty (40) hours per week, occasionally needed to work additional hours
Vice President of Development
The Development Services Specialist is responsible for working with the Development Team and Marketing Team at Capper Foundation (CF) to plan and implement systems and procedures which support a comprehensive program of donor cultivation, relations and support, public awareness and fundraising activities.
- Manages Raiser’s Edge (RE) database and implements process and procedure practices to meet Capper goals.
- Accurately maintains records in RE which include processing all contributions and gift receivables according to accepted financial accounting practices and Capper policies and procedures critical to Capper operation of business.
- Accurately posts and updates all general contributions, direct mail income, estates, trusts, grants, campaign pledges, securities, and in-kind donations to donor records. Investigates and resolves issues related to constituent and gift records.
- Develops and maintains letters to acknowledge all donations, including in-kind and pledge donations.
- Provides daily, weekly, monthly and annual reporting of all donations received to the VP of Development and acknowledges gifts in a timely manner to donors. Provides other reports of contributions as requested by the VP of Development.
- Provides Community Engagement Manager with sponsorship solicitation support, maintains revenue/expense reporting of fundraising events and provides additional admin support as requested.
- Functions as the Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge (RE) expert for the Development Team. Trains and assists the team in use of the donor software to conduct research, to enter notes, and to help the Development and Marketing Teams effectively gain valuable information to engage donors and increase gift levels and frequency.
- Recommends software and hardware updates and enhancements to the VP of Development & Marketing.
- Accurately maintains and updates constituent records in RE for effective donor research, staff cultivation notes and for use in all development functions.
- Expertly advises management on a variety of formulas to produce a targeted list of constituents for the direct marketing appeals, both print and email and other donor touchpoint mailings.
- Produces accurate analytical reports and donor queries to assess the effectiveness of development activities and to review trends and year-end comparisons. Investigates and advises management on identified trends and enhancement opportunities.
- Manages the annual employee fundraising campaign to maximize the potential for 100% participation.
- Collaborates as a team member of the Development and Marketing staff in developing strategic and operational plans and in assuring progress in achieving goals and objectives. Actively participates in discussions and provides information and input to the VP of Development & Marketing and supports the organization and all its activities.
- Provides administrative support with meeting recording and minutes as required.
- Coordinates Capper “You Rock” bi-monthly award.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or a GED is required. Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related fields preferred.
- At least three (3) to five (5) years of administrative experience and an understanding of the role of development within a not-for-profit human services organization.
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Understanding of basic financial accounting practices with analytical qualities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience in data base software management desired.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide excellent, professional customer service.
- Must be able to pass background checks and drug test per agency procedures.
- Frequent bending, standing or sitting.
- Ability to read computer screens for an extended period.
- Ability to lift up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Direct contact with individuals who are severely physically, intellectually and/or developmentally disabled and who may exhibit unpredictable behavior and uncontrollable outbursts. The physical characteristics of the work environment are such that noise and odor control procedures are required. May work with individuals with Hepatitis B and/or other blood borne pathogens.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.