Merchant Services Business Development Officer
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Merchant Services Business Development Officer position will support the President, at CBW Bank (“CBW”), in identifying and marketing card acquiring services to ISOs, ISVs, and Direct Merchants. This position will help to educate, train customers and offer solutions based on customer needs. The Merchant Services Business Development Officer will offer merchant services expertise to potential new customers - offering solutions based on customer needs
- Recruits and develops new merchant acquiring customers primarily via self-generated leads by utilizing cold calling, professional networking, and personal connections and resources within the candidate’s network.
- Manages sales partner inquiries generated by company advertising campaigns, media events, and attendance at industry conferences.
- Develops comprehensive, competitive proposals that drive new business opportunities.
- Leads negotiations and related contract terms (and related exhibits) that properly protect CBW Bank’s business interest while also addressing partner needs to create a mutually beneficial relationship.
- Works in collaboration with the Bank President and Chief Risk Officer to identify potential merchants that fit the Bank’s risk appetite and business direction.
- Tracks and reports on records of growing revenue.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent experience is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Three (3) years of proven direct merchant services sales and ISO recruitment experience.
- Previous experience successfully managing to a revenue quota.
- Solid understanding of merchant services industry.
- Knowledge of workplace software such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- Extensive knowledge of all banking concepts, and applicable regulations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to make reliable and prompt decisions using available information.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attitude and follow policies and procedures.
- Must project a friendly, courteous, patient and professional image at all times, even under adverse conditions.
- This position exists in an office environment requiring the incumbent to perform normal activities including, but not limited to standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift up to forty-five (45) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
- Potential exposure to dangerous criminal activity.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.