CoreFirst Bank & Trust
Senior Commercial Banker
Chief Commercial Banking Officer
Denver Vallagio | Englewood, CO
The primary goal for the Senior Commercial Banker will be the strategic development of Commercial and Industrial (C&I) lending and relationships, and Owner Occupied Commercial Real Estate lending and relationships. The secondary goal is to produce Investor Commercial Real Estate lending and relationships for the Bank in the Denver metro area shaping the direction of CoreFirst Bank & Trust (CBT&T) in this market. The majority of time will be spent managing and growing the existing Denver relationships and making prospect sales calls to obtain new Commercial and Industrial loans/Owner Occupied loans/Investor Commercial Real Estate loans and deposit and treasury business. Responsibilities include soliciting, acquiring, and servicing new business from prospective commercial and industrial loan customers with a focus on retaining and expanding existing bank relationships as well. The Senior Commercial Banker will benefit from bank resources which include a working relationship with the Chief Commercial Banking Officer, the Chief Credit Officer, Director of Credit Administration and the bank’s seasoned Credit Underwriters. A Senior Commercial Banker with strong loan production experience will benefit from the ample liquidity maintained by CFB&T. CFB&T is a community bank headquartered in Topeka, KS, serving principal markets in Topeka, Kansas City and Denver. Typically, loans generated will tend to be larger in size, yet produce immediate loan balances.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Meet defined production goals for loan origination
- Make prospect and client calls to establish new business for the bank
- Focus on loans within the $500,000 through $8M range
- Critically review, analyze and structure commercial and industrial loans, owner occupied loans, and investment commercial real estate loans
- Meet with prospects to discuss their needs, outline appropriate company services and resolve problems as necessary
- Work with or make referrals to other areas of the bank in order to more fully serve the customer
- Serve as the relationship manager for the customer’s overall relationship in the bank
- Meet sales and service goals established by Chief Commercial Banking Officer
- Call on existing or prospective customers within the framework of a business development calling program
- Conduct all actions consistent with quality customer service, friendliness and the overall mission of the bank
- Achieve and maintain general knowledge of all aspects of the bank and our services in order to cross sell products and answer customer questions
- Represent the company in various community functions to further enhance its image and develop additional business
- Conduct all interactions with internal and external customers in accordance with The CoreFirst Way (the bank’s customer service commitments and experience expectations that guide our interaction with every customer)
- A minimum of ten (10) years of Commercial and Industrial loan, deposit and Treasury experience
- Demonstrated success in booking large volumes of high quality commercial and industrial loans, owner occupied commercial real estate loans, and investor commercial real estate loans
- Experience in all types of Commercial Lending, C & I and OOCRE are the main focus. As a secondary focus requires experience with Investor CRE lending
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must have an established network of numerous high quality clients and prospects within the commercial and industrial loan marketplace in the Denver market and currently working for a bank/financial institution
- Self-starter with a creative approach to selling
- Demonstrated track record in producing a large volume of high quality commercial and industrial loans in the Denver marketplace
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects, tasks and follow through in a timely manner
- Must demonstrate effective oral and interpersonal communication skills as well as presentation skills in front of small and large groups
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Financial/business concept and process acumen
- Demonstrated relationship management and sales prospecting skills (influencing, advisory and acquisition)
- Proficient negotiation skills
- Adept at problem solving and solutions focused
- Ability to partner and influence
- Detail and goal oriented
- Ability to relate and empathize with people
- Adherence to CoreFirst Values; Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability. High level of skill in the CoreFirst Competencies of Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive contact with others, including executive and senior management. Fostering sound relationships with others is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. Some light physical effort required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be expected.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must pass a drug screen and background checks.
- Dental, Medical and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K matching
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job and submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.