KEC Summer Intern
The KEC Summer Intern will work on a variety of hands-on, portfolio building projects that support the rural electric cooperatives in Kansas. Your responsibilities could include such varied and engaging tasks as assisting with the publication of a monthly magazine and newsletter, providing event support for youth programs, updating government relations databases, providing administrative assistance such as answering phones and routing mail, scanning archive files, and more.
This internship offers flexible start/end dates and will take into account your class schedule should you have summer classes. The position works from the Kansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. headquarters in Topeka. Hours are flexible, but will be scheduled during business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday).
Skills & Knowledge to be Gained
- Hands-on experience in a variety of activities across several departments
- Opportunity to be published in a statewide magazine and newsletter
- Build your portfolio by creating great projects
- Real world practice of meeting deadlines and multi-tasking
- Junior or Senior in college majoring in communications, journalism, political science, event management, office administration, or other related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze documents and categorize content
- Excellent organizational skills
- Cheerful, friendly, upbeat outlook
- Track record of working well on team projects
- Familiarity with Kansas and rural living
- Knowledge of AP Style Guide
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Shana Read at email@example.com,
or mail to Kansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc., PO Box 4267, Topeka, KS 66604. Start and end dates will be based on the successful applicant’s academic schedule. Position will remain open until filled.
About Kansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc.
KEC is the Kansas statewide service organization for 27 electric distribution cooperatives and three generation and transmission cooperatives. Formed on August 18, 1941, and headquartered in Topeka, KEC represents the interests and provides needed services and programs to the electric co-ops that serve Kansans. For more information, visit www.kec.coop
or find us on Facebook.