Company: Industrial Maintenance, Inc
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
Reports Relationship: Controller
The Accounts Receivable Clerk will assist in ensuring that the company receives payment for goods and services offered to clients.
- Creates invoices according to company practices.
- Submits invoices to customers.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections.
- Identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Work directly with internal project managers, from setting up jobs through final billings.
- Maintain confidentiality of organization information.
- Provide support to the Financial Controller and accounting/finance department staff.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- 1-2 years accounting experience required.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and people skills.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to professional integrity.
- Able to execute on multiple tasks, deadlines, and priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to sit for extended period.
- Ability to read computer screens, email and talk on the phone.
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Ability to lift up to ten (10) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with team members and clients in both remote and on-site locations.
- Periodic weekend or evening work possible.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.