Full-time (Some overtime may be required)
Monday to Friday - 8 hours ea. (Sometimes Saturday – Avoiding Sunday)
Commensurate with experience
Plainscraft LLC produces and sells covered wagons to the hospitality/glamping industry. The wagons resemble the old Covered wagons that were used to carry people and freight in the 1800’s. They are sold to RV parks, resorts, dude ranches and other hospitality businesses that rent them out for overnight accommodations. The beautiful wagons often contain bathrooms, heat and air conditioning and are large enough for king beds, bunk beds and other furniture. We are a growing, Topeka Kansas company currently seeking a highly motivated woodshop worker who is capable and interested in taking on more responsibility as the company grows.
The Woodshop worker will use common woodshop and other tools to build and outfit the wagons. He/she will also assist in the organization and control of raw materials and may lead others to assure production schedules and quality levels are met. He or she must display high attention to detail in all aspects of the work while abiding by and promoting all safety rules and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This is a job summary and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Proficient in the following tools
- Build the company’s product hands on
- Proficient with all woodshop tools and equipment. (Table Saw, Miter Saw, Sanders, Hand Tools)
- Perform basic maintenance and adjustments to shop equipment
- Perform basic plumbing and electrical tasks per instructions
- Follow shop fabrication drawings and procedures.
- Perform all other assigned tasks
- Table Saw
- Power Band Saw
- Power Miter saw
- Hand woodworking and carpentry tools
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of wood working/carpentry and general remodeling, 5 years preferred
- Qualified candidates will maintain a practical, common-sense approach to completing all work while maintaining commitment to QUALITY – SERVICE –TIMING – SAFETY
- Detail oriented, effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Reliable, Responsible, and be able to work Independently.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Great organizational and interpersonal skills and a positive attitude are necessary.
- High level of Integrity and accountability.
- Ability to diagnose machinery is a plus
- Ability to service machinery (basic repairs and adjustments) All new hires must provide identification to verify eligibility to work in the U.S., pass a pre-employment medical exam which includes a drug screening and physical abilities assessment.