CoreFirst Bank & Trust
Assistant Compliance Manager
Director of Compliance Systems
Topeka, KS (Main Bank)
**$500 sign on bonus for new hires**
Assists in advocating and facilitating the development, implementation, communication, and maintenance of corporate-wide Compliance Risk Management (CRM). Responsible for all facets of the Line of Business compliance program to ensure full compliance with state and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Actively engaged and readily available to work with Senior Management and Business Managers to revise or develop operating procedures to ensure compliance with updated or new regulatory requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Assists the Bank Compliance Officer with the overall management of the Bank's Compliance Management System
- Develops and maintains detailed knowledge about bank operations and products
- Responsible for developing, strengthening, and implementing the various compliance programs in compliance with existing laws and regulations, including governance, policies and procedures, monitoring, reporting, communications, and education
- Initiates and facilitates collaborative alliances with senior management, executive management, and corporate partners to ensure the compliance program is adequately managed
- Assists in the development of strategic CRM goals and tactical and strategic planning systems
- Identifies opportunities, establishes action plans, and drives solutions to continuously improve compliance program, and increase efficiency
- Liaisons with regulators as appropriate
- Maintains a cutting edge awareness of Bank goals, regulatory and legislative developments, and industry trends
- Assumes additional responsibilities and leads special projects as assigned
- Develops and reports findings to Senior Management regarding business lines (Compliance Committee, Legal, Audit, and Senior Level Committees)
- Reviews and escalates compliance testing results
- Contributes updates to the compliance risk assessment
- Supports post-implementation validation based on risk rating
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Two to four years of related experience
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills including ability to interact effectively with customers, employees, and management are essential.
- Strong analytical skills required to gather, assess and present quantitative and qualitative data
- The ability to plan and execute multiple projects and initiatives balancing department and organizational demands and resources is a must
- Demonstrates proficiency sufficient to apply the use of software applications (Microsoft Office Suite) without assistance and minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and in a team to plan and accomplish a project or elements of a project identifying responsibilities, tasks, deadlines with timely completion
- Ability to work with a team including members from Legal and Audit or Business Units to identify and solve problems or resolve issues; Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment and apply logical and critical thought processes when developing and recommending solutions
- Strong ability in the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Competencies: Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management; Adherence to CoreFirst Bank & Trust’s Values of Integrity, Teamwork and Collaboration, Respect and Inclusion, and Accountability required
- Able to understand and conceptualize basic statistical analysis and theories; Solid experience in manipulating (validating, correcting, reformatting, and transforming) data into more than one format, e.g. spreadsheets, flat files, databases, etc.
- Able to develop and support conclusions and make practical recommendations to the business lines; Ability to develop and implement controlled, systematic step-by-step processes based on guidance and procedures
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook proficiency
- Understanding of the Federal Reserve and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) examination standards and general regulatory issuances
- Displays a positive business presence with management and external contacts
Diplomacy, courtesy, and tact required. Demonstrated ability to foster sound, professional relationships with management is necessary. Ability to maintain professional composure in a dynamic work environment that often requires the management of multiple and competing priorities. Demonstrated willingness to be a contributing and engaged member of team by sharing knowledge, working towards common goals and maintaining a positive attitude. Capable of establishing effective work relationships with peers and credibility with superiors and customers. Establish, foster and maintain working relationships with peers and supervisory management within the Division, business lines and Information Technology support.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screening and background check.
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job, and should submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.