Company: Kansas Electric Power Cooperative ["KEPCo"]
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Topeka, KS
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
Reporting Relationship: Executive Assistant and Manager, Office Services
The primary objective of the Administrative Assistant position is the provision of effective and efficient support services which will assist in achieving KEPCo’s overall goals. These duties must be performed accurately and timely so that the operations of KEPCo run smoothly.
- Minimum education of an Associate’s Degree or similar certification, preferably in a business or administrative support discipline. Additional education and other areas of specialty will be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience supporting several people simultaneously and managing many varied responsibilities.
- Proficient computer experience is required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Demonstrated experience of general office principles, including knowledge of computer programs, phone techniques, office machine operation, and filing procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills, including excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of KEPCo.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings, supporting the goals, plans, and programs of KEPCo.
- Possess high integrity, good personal habits, the ability to gain and maintain the respect of others, strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, and the ability to plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Primary support for the engineering and operations department (currently 13 FTEs), as well as supporting the needs of the administrative department.
- Completes monthly expense forms for the Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
- Assists the Executive Assistant and Manager, Office Services with Board materials and preparation. May temporarily assume some of the duties of the Executive Assistant as designated in his/her absence.
- Files, retrieves, monitors, and maintains KEPCo documents for the off-site storage of records. Communicates with the off-site record storage company, as needed.
- Assumes Administrative Assistant/Receptionist’s duties during his/her absence.
- Inventories and orders office products and supplies and maintains organization of office work room and office supplies.
- Facilitates rebate program for KEPCo Members.
- Updates and maintains internal documents for KEPCo staff.
- Prepares and maintains adequate postage and assists in mail processing.
- Leads facilitation of KEPCo’s safety training program.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Ability to read computer screens, read and respond to email, and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to twenty (20) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Continuous interaction with staff and members.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
KEPCo provides a competitive salary and benefits package including health and dental insurance and 401K.