Kaw Valley Bank
IT Systems & Operations Manager
The IT Systems & Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the streamlined operation of the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of Kaw Valley Bank (“Bank”). The IT Manager will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and proper operation, maintenance and support of the financial institution’s information services back-office equipment and systems. This position works heavily with approved vendors to ensure the financial institution’s processing equipment is in daily working condition. In addition, the IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the Bank.
- Is involved in management considerations regarding new services and systems and expansion of existing systems and services as they relate to data processing needs.
- Ensures the financial institution’s Electronic Banking/Information Security data processing and reporting systems are in daily working condition.
- Works with approved outside vendors to maintain the financial institution’s operation equipment, systems, and environments.
- Works with other Electronic Banking/Information Systems personnel in designing, implementing, and supporting an effective system access and security environment.
- Develops and implements an approved operational data backup plan designed to protect and limit the financial institution’s exposure to data loss or disaster.
- Provides necessary training to financial institution personnel on operation and support topics.
- Works with vendor and business partners to design, test and implement enhancements, and identify ideas for efficiency improvements.
- Maintains functionality related to the core application.
- Reviews diagnostics and assess the functionality and efficiency of systems.
- Implements security measures.
- Monitors security certificates.
- Offers technical support to company staff and troubleshoot computer problems.
- Installs and updates company software and hardware as needed & ensures equipment is properly maintained and supported.
- Anticipates and reports the cost of replacing or updating computer items.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Manages assigned IT projects simultaneously to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope of project.
- Sets and tracks project milestones; manages and accounts for unforeseen delays, then realigns schedules and expectations as needed while providing status updates to affected staff and stakeholders.
- Communicates difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Manages the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development and upgrading of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PC’s, networking equipment, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and office automation equipment.
- Oversees provision of end-user services, including the help desk and technical support services.
- Manages financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Establishes and maintains regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Supervises one (1) Desktop Technician.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or associate degree with equivalent industry experience in supporting a financial institution’s operational environment.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a banking operation providing daily operational support and maintenance activities.
- Working knowledge of operating and support systems.
- Working knowledge of the financial institutions vendor-specific operational systems and environment.
- Working knowledge of data backup and disaster-recovery technologies.
- Thorough understanding of Project Management certification, preferred.
- Thorough understanding of information technology procedures and practices.
- Proficient with, or able to quickly become proficient with, a range of general and specialized applications, software, and hardware used in the organization and the industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with people in a wide range of positions and levels.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
Employee Benefits Include: Paid Sick/Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Health & Dental Insurance, Short- & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) with a Match plus more.
Please apply at: https://www.kawvalleybank.com/about/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.