Accounts Payable Clerk
Chief Financial Officer and/or Controller
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for providing accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers by accurately and courteously addressing customer questions and processing customer requests.
- Performs accounting functions for Mainline Printing, including general ledger, accounts payable, prepaid expenses, accruals, and account reconciliation.
- Enters general ledger entries accurately.
- Assists in the preparation of month-end financial statements, graphs and charts for management and Executive Team.
- Assists in year-end financial statements and related work papers.
- Works with staff and outside accountants to ensure timely preparation of financial statements.
- Follows regulatory requirements by protecting information for privacy and confidentiality; displaying discretion in discussing customer information; obtaining proper information and paperwork to complete transactions; following policies and regulations.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One (1) year of experience with accounts payable and/or six (6) hours of college level accounting.
- Above average math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and general knowledge of bookkeeping accounting procedures obtained through work experience.
- Proficient computer experience with advanced knowledge of various computer programs necessary to open accounts along with an ability to operate a 10-key calculator with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills with customers in English.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to make reliable and prompt decisions using available information.
- Demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attitude and follow policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with external and internal customers, including disgruntled customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.