CoreFirst Bank & Trust
Vice President, Internal Audit Manager
First SVP, Director of Internal Audit & Risk Management
Headquarters in Topeka or Bank Facility in Lenexa.
8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
The Audit Manager leads Internal Audit by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, staff recruiting and development, third party coordination, audit technology, and Audit Committee reporting.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfaction
- Coordinate staffing and/or RFPs for third parties to execute audit plan
- Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and deliver value to management
- Meet quarterly with the Audit Committee to report the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring activities, inform of internal and external emerging risks and/or exposures that should be considered
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risk exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and /or governance requiring attention
- Ensure compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one’s duties
- Actively participate in meetings to ensure that Internal Audit is well-informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities and plans
- Maintain open communication with management and Audit Committee
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding banking guidance and regulations, best practices, tools (including audit software – Nverify and Nfindings), techniques, and performance standards
- Collaborate with Risk Management, Compliance, and Information Security Departments in maximizing overall risk management coverage across the Bank
5 or more years of audit experience, with at least 3 years in a management role
- Certified Internal Audit (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) highly preferred
- Four-year degree in Accounting or other business-related degree preferred
- Relevant job experience may be substituted for degree
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, regulators, and examiners while maintaining strict confidentiality
- Proactive, hands-on results-driven management philosophy
- Adherence to the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Values of Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability.
- High level of skills in the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Competencies of Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management.
- Full understanding of and experience implementing FDICIA Controls requirements, program policies, procedures, regulations, and applicable laws
- Strong Excel skills required
- Thorough knowledge of accounting standards, procedures, laws, and banking regulations
- Excellent professional and technical writing skills
- Ability to effectively present information to staff, management, and the Board of Directors
- Sound independent judgement
- Collaborative and able to manage multiple concurrent audits and projects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required including ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be expected. Occasional travel to other CoreFirst markets may be required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screening and background check.
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job, and should submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst Bank & Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.