KEC Summer Intern: Videographer/Communications Intern
Kansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (KEC) seeks an intern for spring 2023 to join our communications team and assist us in launching our videography production services. This is an exciting and innovative opportunity to help us promote the important work of our member co-ops and develop your videography skills.
What you will do:
What you will gain
- Video Kansas electric cooperative executives, leaders, board members and staff, as well as electric co-op members throughout the state. Help tell the story of the Kansas electric cooperatives, the importance of the 7 Cooperative Principles and the advantage and importance of the cooperative business model.
- Think creatively and help develop a robust video and photo library for printed and digital content.
- Help grow KEC’s presence within the electric cooperative community and within the halls of the Kansas statehouse.
- There is also potential to help KEC launch a podcast series.
The videographer/communications intern will have the opportunity to build — from the ground up — KEC’s video studio and initial library of videos, acquire and further develop their videography, photography, communication, and time management skills, plus enhance their attention to detail, adaptability, and customer service abilities. Our communications team is highly collaborative and continuously seeks to learn new and better processes.
Successful candidates will have a background in video production or be pursuing a degree in a related creative field. A working knowledge of DSLR cameras and other audio/visual equipment is necessary with a proven ability to shoot and edit video. The successful candidate will possess a solid understanding of the video creation process, from pre-production, production and post.
Candidates should be proficient with Adobe Create Suite including Adobe Premiere, Adobe Rush (or similar video editing software) and possess a basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and After Effects. Photography experience is a plus. We are also looking for candidates with proven writing, editing and communication skills. The ability to work independently is essential.
- Ability to show good judgment, strong attention to detail, and manage projects from beginning to end.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Conscientious punctuality for shoots and to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate professionally over the phone and email.
- Internship runs December/January-May 2023; potentially into summer 2023 if desired.
- Competitive pay and great flexibility of hours.
- Intern position is based at our office in Topeka, Kansas, with flexibility to work independently on video projects.
- Submit cover letter, resume and link to video portfolio (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may speak to qualified candidates prior to the posted deadline.