Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Program Director of StepStone
$40,000-$60,000, negotiable based upon experience
Therapy services are available to all women and children served by StepStone at no cost to them.
Under general direction of the Program Director, the child counselor provides therapy services to children served by StepStone. These services may be child and/or family therapy as well as group therapy. All duties are performed in a manner consistent with Gospel values, the mission of the sponsoring congregations, and sound social service principles.
- Provides individual therapy for children served by StepStone on an individual, as needed basis.
- Provides therapeutic services, including play therapy for children as requested by their parent.
- Provides family counseling services including mother and children when requested.
- Provides therapy groups for women/children.
- Coordinates with the StepStone adult counselor to ensure StepStone’s counseling services meet the needs of StepStone participants and their children.
- Provides guidance to the StepStone staff in the development of therapeutic group activities for support group meetings.
- Facilitates support group activities for women or children’s groups.
- Completes necessary documentation for non-identifying statistical reporting to the funding organization.
- Gathers statistical information for periodic reports.
- Maintains minimal records necessary to facilitate good therapeutic process.
- May supervise student interns as appropriate.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the StepStone Program Director.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Kansas Driver’s License, motor vehicle, and insurance required.
- LMSW or LMFT required.
- LSCSW or LCMFT preferred.
- Three to five (5) years of experience in providing therapeutic services to women, children, and families who are victims of domestic violence preferred.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation amongst team members.
- Ability to handle confidential information with integrity.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of the company.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both in a written and verbal manner.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand, lift, carry, push, pull, balance, stoop, reach, handle, talk, hear, see, grasp, move head and neck and movement across mid-line.
- Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds occasionally and up to ten (10) pounds of force frequently.
- Finger dexterity, manual dexterity, alertness, precision, motor coordination, auditory discrimination and tactile discrimination.
- Ability to climb multiple levels of stairs.
- Ability to frequently operate equipment requiring moderate ability.
- Inside/indoor office environment which provides protection from weather condition, but not necessarily temperature changes.
- Interaction with staff and participants.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.