DL Smith Electric, Inc.
Electrical Service Coordinator
Topeka, KS - on-site at DL Smith Electric office
$39,000-$60,000 annually, dependent on skill level and experience
DL Smith Electric, Inc. is an established full-service electrical contractor operating since 1972. We perform all types of new electrical construction, remodels, repairs, and service work within Northeast Kansas and throughout the Midwest. We have a long history within Commercial, Hospital, Manufacturing, Food Industry, Heavy Power, Institutional, Water & Wasterwater, Renewable Energy markets. We focus on team-oriented approaches, expect excellence personally and from others, always seek innovative solutions, accountable, and are relationship driven.
The Service Coordinator will provide administrative and coordination support to the Service Manager, Special Projects Manager, and technicians to schedule, dispatch, coordinate, and bill service jobs and special projects for the execution of successful outcomes and contributes to the strategic objectives of the Company.
- Supports jobs by providing administrative and clerical support, completing special projects, and working with the Service/Special Projects Managers and technicians.
- Receives customer calls/requests for service work and schedules technicians to be dispatched.
- Creates and updates service schedule.
- Enters customer and job information into software to set up service and special projects.
- Runs various reports to track job cost.
- Supports completing invoices for service jobs to customers in a timely fashion.
- Orders certificates of insurance when required by the customer.
- Communicates with technicians and purchasing to issue purchase order numbers for materials.
- Runs reports to track past due invoices and contacts customer to get payments in as soon as possible.
- Fills out pre-lien information requests for suppliers.
- Creates panel schedules based on information from technicians.
- Stays current and knowledgeable of projects and Project Manager Files to assist other. departments as needed.
- Assists with various administrative and clerical tasks to support the service and special project. departments as requested.
- Performs additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Associates Degree or college classwork is preferred.
- Direct Experience: Previous work experience in customer service or client relations, preferably in the field of electrical/construction.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possesses detailed knowledge of company goals, products, and services.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills.
- Exhibits ability to think creatively and analytically.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Is capable of remaining patient and calm when dealing with frustrated customers or clients.
- Works well with a team.
- Demonstrates ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Is capable of conducting independent research.
- Maintains professional but friendly and outgoing demeanor.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills.
- Possesses strong persuasive skills.
- Is able to multi-task effectively.
- Comfortable working predominately within office in a remote support capacity.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment, in an office setting.
- Interaction with internal and external customers.
- Interactions with field crews, other departments in Company.
- Work schedule is generally forty (40) hours, though occasional extended hours may occur based on workload.
- Minimal to no travel.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.