Manhattan Area Technical College
Bioscience Laboratories Facilitator
Non-Exempt, Part-Time Staff
Weekly hours vary based on needs of the biosciences department and course scheduling. Estimate of 10-15 hours per week.
Dean of Advanced Technologies, in collaboration with Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) Faculty.
Pay Grade 6 ($15.10 - $18.12/ hour)
Manhattan & Wamego Campuses
This position helps manage the overall operation of the Bioscience laboratories with the goal of fulfilling technical, financial, and personnel objectives to ensure provision of the highest level of education.
- Works in a collaborative manner with the MLT Faculty, science instructors, and other lab assistants to ensure a productive laboratory environment.
- Prepare and justify materials inventory for all laboratories supervised.
- Responsible for management of laboratory materials needed for science faculty, ensuring facilities and equipment are safely and effectively organized.
- Monitor department safety and cleanliness.
- Collaborate as appropriate with other MATC facility employees on routine and special projects.
- Oversee day-to-day laboratory activities, including the smooth operation of essential scientific equipment and laboratory automation.
- Requires Associate’s Degree in Science-related field or higher.
- MLT or MLS certification preferred.
- Minimum of one-year previous experience in an industrial biotechnology organization and/or clinical lab experience is required
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Applications (ie. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Able to plan, organize, make decisions, and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Exhibit a professional manner and positive attitude
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and move supplies up to 25 pounds
- Ability to use/read computer screens without strain
- Dexterous Eye/hand coordination
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally or in writing
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an educational setting.
- Interact effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty, and guests.
- Display a student-centered approach.
To apply, visit: MATC Career Page
NOTICE OF SPECIAL POSITION OF EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
1. This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all duties and results to be performed in this position. Duties and Performance standards may be added, subtracted, and/or changed by your supervisor at any time due to changes in department or institutional requirements.
2. Unless exempt due to employment contract signed by the President, all employees of Manhattan Tech are to be considered as an “at-will” employee.
3. All employees of Manhattan Tech are considered “responsible employees” pertaining to Title IX regulations concerning both prevention and reporting of sexual assault or harassment situations. As such, all employees must communicate with the Title IX Coordinator if they witness or hear about sexual assault or harassment situations.
4. Manhattan Tech is an equal opportunity employer and complies with EEOC and ADA employment requirements. Manhattan Tech grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or veteran status.
All ‘offers of employment” are subject to criminal background check prior to employment.