Greater Topeka Partnership
Tourism Sales Coordinator
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Vice President of Sales
The Tourism Sales Coordinator is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and distributing sales information. This position is responsible for conducting tourism market research to increase sales productivity and customer satisfaction for the Greater Topeka Partnership (“GTP”) and selling Topeka as a destination to potential clients in assigned markets. Additionally, The Tourism Sales Coordinator must exhibit extensive knowledge about Topeka and establish positive working relationships within the hospitality industry.
- Drives revenue generation through sales and retention.
- Shares with prospects the benefits and value proposition of the GTP.
- Assists the sales team by managing schedules and overall distribution of sales documentation.
- Prepares and follows up on all sales quotations for clients as well as negotiating terms of agreement and cost.
- Provides sales and administrative support to sales team.
- Supports the sales team in attaining sales targets.
- Maintains database of GTP partners.
- Prepares monthly and weekly sales analysis.
- Preparing proposals, agreements, sales reports, presentations, and meeting agendas.
- Assists in the implementation of sales strategies as prepared by the GTP.
- Maintains complete knowledge of all office equipment, computer and manual systems.
- Partners with sales team to assist in the development of the sales strategy.
- Produces sales strategy progress reports and assists in developing strategies to improve.
- Ensure professional and prompt communication with clients and visitors.
- Assists with questions and provides information about the city of Topeka.
- Provides extensive knowledge and expertise on local and upcoming events, restaurants and hotels.
- Screens telephone calls as requested.
- Makes telephone calls to specified individuals as directed by sales staff.
- Establishes and maintains filing procedures.
- Participates in special events with the GTP and within the community.
- Participates in various GTP meetings and activities.
- Always represents the GTP professionally and positively.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the sales staff.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required; some post-secondary education or training is preferred.
- At least one (1) years of sales and administrative experience is required.
- Strong computer and word processing skills, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks and to perform a variety of administrative duties, such as phoning, typing, word processing, emailing, filling, faxing, and processing paperwork.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of GTP and key business partners within the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Commitment to the Topeka community expressed through active involvement.
- Passion for Topeka attractions and knowledge of community events.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Attend events as required.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and clients.