Manhattan Area Technical College
Varies based on Employment Terms
$27.50 Per Hour
Director of Allied Health
The Allied Health Part-time Instructor, under the direction of the Director of Allied Health, provides course instruction in a manner that ensures student comprehension, retention of knowledge, and positive effective student engagement towards student’s goal of satisfactory completion of Allied Health programs.
- Employs appropriate teaching and learning strategies, and modifies, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs.
- Develops and maintains an environment conducive to effective learning through enthusiastic, well-prepared, organized lectures and activities consistent with meeting the competencies and objective of the course outline/syllabus
- Encourages the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments; promotes the development and effective use of skills in areas such as critical and analytical thinking, evaluation, communication, computation, problem solving, and decision-making.
- Prepares for classes and clinical sites assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourages students to meet acceptable performance standards as defined in course syllabi and by state guidelines.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, patients, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students concerning their progress
- Evaluates and maintains accurate and auditable records of student attendance, progress, and performance as required by state guidelines and college policy through learning management system; and MATC portal
- Assists in upholding and enforcing Board and college policy and procedure.
- Prepares course application forms and maintains student enrollment and test registration records.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with college staff and with clinical site staff.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Vice President of Student Succes and/or Director of Allied Health.
- Active Registered Nurse (RN) Kansas License is required.
- Minimum two (2) years Long Term Care experience supervising CNA’s and/or CMA’s required.
- KDADS instructor approval for CNA and/or CMA classes is required.
- Associates degree from an accredited 2-year post-secondary institution required; Bachelor’s degree from an accredited post-secondary institution preferred.
- Two (2) years of post-secondary teaching experience or; training experience in industry preferred.
- Strong computer and word processing skills.
- Experience in working with a Learning Management System preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including public speaking and ability to present MATC in a positive way.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with students, staff, and faculty.
- Display a student-centered approach.
- Willingness to reinforce all lecture lessons with hands-on experiences when resources permit.
- Willingness to expand program to meet regional needs.
- Consistently demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail, email, and talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to fifty (50) lbs.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and attend events as required.
To apply for this position, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an educational setting.
- Interaction with students, staff and guests.