Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (or similar schedule)
Who We Are: Community Care Network of Kansas
Community Care Network of Kansas (Community Care) strives to make sure all Kansans have access to high-quality, community-based, whole-person health care close to home.
We are a statewide association made up of a network of community care clinics. Our members serve as the community resource at the local level, dedicated to ensuring the best medical, dental and behavioral care is available to all.
Together, we are leaders in health care training, technical assistance, and public policy discussions at the local, state and federal levels. We collaborate with other health care providers, foundations and individuals who partnered to educate and advocate for equitable access to high-quality care for all. We believe healthy Kansans build strong and vibrant communities, which strengthens the overall quality of life in our great state.
Primary Accountabilities (Responsibilities)
: Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the CFO in successfully managing the finance functions of Community Care Network of Kansas.
- Supports primary accounting processes including cash disbursements, accounts receivable, expense report processing, payroll and monthly account reconcilement.
- Performs monthly close and associated management reporting and analysis.
- Facilitates annual external audit and collects all required documents
- Prepares grant financial reports for CFO approval and assists with grants financial management reporting and tracking.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports and submits to program managers and other staff in a timely manner.
- Reconciles bank and credit card transactions on a weekly basis.
- Organizes and maintains accounting and financial files and records.
- Monitors compliance with internal polices related to cash disbursement as well as external rules, regulations and laws with which Community Care must comply.
- Files quarterly and annual regulatory filing, including but not limited to, state and federal tax withholding.
- Identifies issues and recommends improvements to policies and processes related to financial activities.
- Supports the annual budgeting cycle including analysis and identification of trends.
- Conducts new hire training of accounting policies and expense reporting systems.
- Resolves payable and receivable discrepancies.
- Provides administrative support to the CFO as directed.
- Works with CFO and operations staff on improving finance, accounting, banking and business operations processes.
- Ensures governmental compliance, including satisfying all requests for information and surveys from outside entities, including but not limited to payroll, finance and operations.
- Oversees annual business insurance renewal.
- Work with CFO to identify bookkeeping, administrative support and outsource opportunities and well as helping with oversight of duties performed.
- Documents all procedures and financial notes in OneNote.
- Works with CFO to utilize technology to improve and automate processes as well as decrease use of paper. This includes, but is not limited to, Smartsheet, OneNote, Office TSheets, Quickbooks and other technology as identified.
- Records minutes for the finance committee meetings and other financial meetings as requested.
- Works with all staff to provide timely information, exemplifies the Community Care code of ethics and collaborates on teams and projects.
- As requested, assist CFO with technical assistance to health center finance staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related business field is required.
- Three to five years of direct accounting experience
- Proficient in Quickbooks, Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Understanding and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team member who can positively and productively affect both strategic and tactical operations and administrative initiatives.
- Unrestricted Driver’s license required.
- Ability to travel as needed within the state and to attend national meetings (limited travel is expected).
- Five or more years of accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with federal grants management
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Leadership skills, understanding of cultural influences on health status and underserved populations and a willingness to assist health professionals in improving quality care.
- Quickbooks Certification
- Regularly required to maintain stationary position, with occasional need to relocate to attend meetings internally and externally.
- Ability to read computer screens and operate computer peripherals for an extended period of time, or the ability to discern electronic information through reasonably available accommodations.
- Regularly required to communicate with staff, members and stakeholders in writing, video conferencing and in person meetings.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not sate or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities are requested by their supervisor.
Community Care Network of Kansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an excellent retirement plan, employee benefit program and competitive compensation commensurate with qualifications.