Company: Heartland Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Job Position: Member Service Technician
Location: Girard, KS
Heartland Rural Electric Cooperative is seeking applicants for the position of Member Service Technician.
This employee will be based in our Girard, Kansas office, and will work in the field, installing and removing meters, investigating service issues, inspecting co-op and member equipment, and making minor repairs to electrical equipment.
Some of the responsibilities you will have at the cooperative:
- Perform meter installation, removal, programming, and repairs.
- Read residential, commercial and industrial meters.
- Investigate consumer service complaints.
- Report needed repairs and maintenance to the electric system.
- Maintain meter and transformers inventory in database.
- Observe and reports meter tampering, power diversion and other irregularities.
- Perform locates of underground facilities.
- Possess or acquires skills needed to perform minor electrical maintenance; repair security lights, install misc. outdoor boxes and receptacles.
- Collect and process PCB samples from transformers in storage.
- Monitor and maintains PCB storage area and records.
- Possess or acquire computer skills and technology.
- Follow all safety rules, use safe working practices and methods, and look out for the safety of others.
Being a mid-sized electric cooperative, our operations staff is asked to do many tasks. This position will help build the next generation electric system and requires an individual who is curious, innovative, self-driven, and highly motivated. No two days will be the same at Heartland.
Applicants must have and maintain a valid Kansas driver’s license. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Applicants should have at least three years of work experience.
Heartland is an innovative electric cooperative that is focused creating value for its consumer-members for the next 80 years by completing projects that will increase electric reliability and improve efficiencies at the cooperative.
Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an excellent retirement plan, employee benefit programs and competitive compensation commensurate with qualifications.
Please submit your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
by March 27, 2020.