Chief Financial Officer
CBW Bank was founded in 1892 in Weir, KS. In 2009, it was acquired by its current management team, which includes ex-Google, ex-Yahoo and Wall Street executives. With rapidly evolving technologies and regulations, CBW Bank expects to continue, in conjunction with its partners, to develop and launch products and services that leverage these changes and innovations to serve its customers better.
Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the management and administration of finances for CBW Bank (“Bank”), including developing strategic plans based on the Bank’s goals that will promote growth and customer satisfaction, through collaboration with senior leadership team.
- Oversees, directs, and organizes the accounting, risk, budget preparation and audit functions.
- Enables cross-collaboration across divisions and business units to create tools and processes that support reporting, analysis and forecasting.
- Ensures staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Establishes and monitors staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Oversees the Bank's asset/liability management program, including interest rate risk, stress testing, liquidity management and contingency planning.
- Serves as the primary liaison with both external and internal auditors as well as regulators and examiners.
- Works with other leaders to monitor financial activities and provide financial guidance as needed.
- Preparation of all financial statements and regulatory reports, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, bank call reports, Federal Reserve reports, and other governmental or regulatory agency reports.
- Compares projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Monitors and manages cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Manages and invests excess funds and oversee the Bank's investment portfolio.
- Participates as part of the Executive Team, works with the President and other Executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the strategic planning process.
- Complies with regulations and policies of the Bank.
- Understands and mitigates key elements of the Bank’s risk profile.
- Ensures that the Bank complies with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Represents the Bank at community, business networking and trade association functions.
- Approves and oversees projects.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent experience is required; a Master’s degree or CPA qualification is preferred.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of management experience within the banking industry.
- Extensive knowledge of all banking concepts, and applicable regulations.
- Proficiency in information technology and computer knowledge, including technology trends relevant to the industry.
- Demonstrable poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Demonstrable ability and proven track record in strategy-building and implementation.
- Advanced written, oral, interpersonal and negotiating skills with ability to recognize and respond to sales opportunities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to make reliable and prompt decisions using available information.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attitude and follow policies and procedures.
- Must project a friendly, courteous, patient and professional image at all times, even under adverse conditions.
- This position exists in an office environment requiring the incumbent to perform normal activities including, but not limited to standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift up to forty-five (45) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
- Potential exposure to dangerous criminal activity.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.