Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
President or as assigned
CBW Bank an innovative, dynamic company is looking for a Legal Counsel and Compliance Officer. This person will be responsible for ensuring that the Bank achieves optimum compliance with all loan related banking and consumer protection laws. The incumbent will work with all departments to ensure that the needs of the organization are met in their corporate and regulatory oversight responsibilities.
The ideal person must be analytical, precise and careful. You must enjoy working in a fast paced, results driven environment.
We will reward you for your performance and your accomplishment in achieving the goals as set in the business plan. Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performs legal analysis for the Bank, with emphasis on interpretation and application of federal and state statutes and regulations applicable to the Bank’s programs.
- Drafts and negotiates on the Bank’s behalf contracts with customers, vendors and other third parties.
- Prepares legal advisory opinions and guidance, applicable to the Bank, and guides the Bank through any necessary changes.
- Provide advice, guidance and counsel at an advanced level of sophistication on a broad scope of complex legal matters or problems to Management.
- Lead and execute complex legal projects within the Bank.
- Represents the Bank in complex legal matters and have significant interaction with government regulators.
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with external parties (customers, regulators, vendors, etc.)
- Communicate regularly with and make formal presentations and proposals to the Board and executive management regarding policy and business considerations
- Review policies and procedures for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the institution’s stated policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains subject matter expertise with respect to relevant legal topics with a strong focus on prepaid access, online lending and other financial products, digital marketing, electronic funding, and lead generational growth.
- Collaborate closely with outside counsel as directed.
- Research legal and regulatory questions by staff.
- Track regulatory proposals and final rules to gauge their impact to the Bank.
- Serve as liaison between the Bank and regulatory examiners.
- Monitor and responds to all subpoenas and complaints received by the Bank.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships.
- Work on special projects as requested by senior management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of legal experience.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise independent judgment and discretion, anticipate and mitigate friction points, and take the initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges.
- Ability to assess risks and provide thoughtful advice in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and convey them in a simple, user-friendly manner.
- Law degree - licensed by and in good standing with the at least one US state bar licensing authority.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong PC skills required – proficient in Google Suite, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.