Human Resources Coordinator
Monday – Friday (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for ensuring compliance throughout the company, updating Mesabi’s SharePoint sites, tracking employee metrics and benefits, preparing payroll, assisting with year-end reporting, and performing general administrative duties.
- Ensures compliance with Expense Policy.
- Provides a comparison for Department Manager’s Approval.
- Develops relationships with local schools for recruitment.
- Acts as the primary contact person for employee’s HR issues.
- Maintains and orders office supplies.
- Handles all catering duties.
- Updates Mesabi’s SharePoint sites, such as news updates, calendars, and document storage (Employee Handbook, Expense Policies, etc.).
- Tracks employee metrics (productivity, quality, etc.).
- Tracks Employee PTO Hours (Vacation, Sick Time, etc.).
- Performs data entry for Parts Database.
- Backs up payroll on a bi-weekly basis; ensures hours are entered correctly and approved by manager and consolidates and submits entries to payroll service.
- Answers incoming phone calls in conjunction with other Administrative staff.
- Assists in preparation of month end and year end reporting as it pertains to Inventory and HR functions.
- Acts as backup for the Office Coordinator for arranging freight, shipping, documentation, vendor payable receiving and filing.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred, or equivalent experience in Human Resources or related field.
- At least one (1) year of experience in Human Resources and good working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Experience with interview techniques.
- Experience with HR software, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks and to perform a variety of administrative duties, such as typing, word processing, filing, faxing and processing paperwork.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and people skills.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to professional integrity.
- Able to execute on multiple tasks, deadlines and priorities.
- Take initiative to work through issues without requiring constant supervision.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Ability to speak in-person or over the phone.
- Ability to read computer screens for extended periods of time.
- ABility to sit for extended periods of time.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with internal and external customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.