Greater Topeka Youth Foundation, Inc.
First Tee Greater Topeka
The Greater Topeka Youth Foundation, Inc.
The Greater Topeka Youth Foundation, Inc., was established in December of 2019 and will become a chapter of the First Tee network in fall 2020. The First Tee was established in 1997 to provide kids and teens active learning experiences through the game of golf that also target life skill development, character development, and healthy life choices. The First Tee’s primary goal is to empower youth to achieve their goals and dreams through teaching not only the game of golf, life skills and nine core values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy, and judgement.
This is a full-time position. The Executive Director would be responsible for managing the business of the chapter and would also work directly with the Board of Directors and coaches to develop, implement, and evaluate programs. The Executive Director would also be responsible for insuring that all services fulfill the mission and goals of First Tee.
- College Degree
- Knowledge of and passion for the goals and philosophy of First Tee.
- Passion for working with youth.
- Proven ability to effectively manage a team, organization or business.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Efficient computer skills and database knowledge.
- Experience in program development, management, execution and evaluation.
- Proven fundraising capability.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, that could include evenings and weekends.
- Share in the development and onboarding of all board members
- Demonstrate good communication skills and interaction.
- Participate in the development of the strategic plan and oversee its implementation.
- Attend board and committee meetings, as well as, participate in the development of the agenda for these meetings
- Oversee the development of the program plan (class schedule, training plan, instruction, and reporting requirements)
- Supervise and hire any additional staff and coaches.
- Track and report on Chapter’s success reaching target population.
- Participate in the development with the Board and oversee the implementation of the fundraising plan and strategy for capital, operating and programming needs.
- Cultivate and solicit major donors and businesses.
- Research, manage and complete grant applications.
- Manage donor database.
- Oversee planning and execution of all fundraising events.
Financial Administrative Duties:
- Be the “face” of the organization, expanding visibility in the community.
- Develop all communication activities, policies and material.
- Manage the relationship with First Tee Headquarters, including reporting requirements, tracking and meeting attendance.
- Manage and report the financial performance of the chapter.
- Create and manage the capital and operating budget, as well as, monitoring receipts and disbursements.
- Maintain legal and accounting compliance for 501c3 IRS requirements.
- Build upon and manage a team that supports growth to the chapter.
Mail a Resume & List of References to:
The Liberty Building
214 SW 6th
Ave., Ste. 301
Topeka, KS 66603
Application Deadline: September 25, 2020